We are there to help schools to improve their teaching practices to prepare students for the 21st century. We understand that every school is at a different stage in this process, facing different challenges practically or financially.
In order to provide a school with the best solution for their needs, our IT and education experts will first offer to perform a quick scan of the current situation regarding the available infrastructure of the school, the availability of other infrastructure such as electricity and Internet services and the level of IT literacy of teachers and students. Based on this, Maxim Nyansa will develop a tailor made solution for that particular school, taking into account its financial situation in the planning of investments and training programs.
We are an NGO registered under Ghanaian law as a non profit organization. We will charge our projects in high schools with moderate fees to cover our costs for local Maxim Nyansa staff.
Our Maxim Nyansa Foundation is partnering with its partner organization in the Netherlands and is therefore capable of supporting some school projects financially where necessary. Together with our Dutch partners, we will try to find financial sponsorship for your school when necessary; first this will start in your own local community, and secondly from international sponsors.
In particular, we regularly receive donations of second hand computers and smartboards, that we will offer for public or rural schools lacking the resources for such an investment.
We work with engineers who have been trained in computer science as well as education, with a practical experience as school teachers,too. In addition, all of them have followed a specialized training at our own Maxim Nyansa training center.
Maxim Nyansa believes that 21st century learning transformation is not a quick fix solution, but it deserves an integrated approach. In the past, many good projects have been carried out to introduce IT in schools in West-Africa. Many of them lacked impact because they were addressing a single issue.
Our integrated approach consists of 10 elements.
- Training of teachers in basic IT skills
- Training in multimedia teaching practices
- Training education innovation for 21st century skills including innovative approaches like EDUSCRUM
Hardware and networking: installation and maintenance
- Set up of IT desktop laboratory
- Installation of other hardware like smartboards, projectors, ipads and laptops in class
- IT architecture and internet connectivity evt combined with on campus wifi and local servers
- Individual Learning Management Software (online or offline alternative)
- Open source digital educational content matched to the West-African curriculum
- School administration software
Specialized Consultancy and change management
- Our consultants can advise you on the way to go in the coming years and the steps you can take.
An extensive presentation of our vision and the content of the 10 steps to learning tranformation can be downloaded HERE.