To subscribe to our newsletter click HERE
NEWSLETTER JUNE 2017
Twenty Qualified Students Selected for 2017 Summer Training Program
- After a tour in the various tertiary institutions including the University of Ghana, University of Cape Coast, University of Education, Winneba, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science And Technology to campaign our 2017 summer training program we had 60 applicants.
- These applications were collected and closely examined from which 40 applicants were considered for interview. After conducting the interview 20 students proved right and were fortunate to be selected as part of Maxim Nyansa’s 2017 trainees. These trainees have been given assignment to prepare them for the training program which takes off 8th July, 2017.
Partnership with the Ghana Education Service (G.E.S) For a Learning Transformation
The Ghana Education Service (G.E.S) under the Ministry of Education in Ghana is responsible for national education curriculum. The overall goal of the Ministry of Education involving the G.E.S is to provide relevant and quality education for all Ghanaians. G.E.S has expressed its interest to partner with Maxim Nyansa and is actively supporting our school projects in various districts.
To assist in this goal, Maxim Nyansa is currently working to connect with the G.E.S to provide IT infrastructure; a well-equipped ICT LAB, training of teachers in multimedia and a teaching method called the EDUSCRUM to raise the quality of teaching and learning for effective outcomes. We believe that introducing this Learning Transformation approach in our junior high schools will boost student’s interest to study by themselves without relying on teachers to teach them everything.
Ocean Green As Training Center for 2017 Training Program/ Internet Setup
Hosting last year summer training program in Villa Sankofa, Kumasi wasn’t bad at all but this year Maxim Nyansa decided to move to Accra and fortunately for us we found Ocean Green Beach Villas, Prampram.
It’s a villa located in Prampram which features view of gardens, sun terrace and a beach vicinity with a very comfortable accommodation for trainees. Considering the serene atmosphere of Ocean green we couldn’t have looked elsewhere because we think it is a good choice for our trainees to have concentration for effective study. Knowing that Internet access is prominent in our training program to enhance the practicalities and tuition of trainees, we are currently surveying the premises to set up an excellent working internet which would still be in use even after the training program by people who visit the premises.
Ongoing School I.T Project in Obogu, Kumasi
As part of Maxim Nyansa’s mission, we hope to provide I.T infrastructure for deprived junior high schools in Africa. We have worked hard to identify some areas in Ghana where schools lack such facilities and we gladly announce the commencement of our first IT school project in district of Obogu, Kumasi.
The program will be carried by Gabriel Asante and Solomon Salifu, two young Computer engineers who participated in last year’s training program. Both have extensive experience in IT as well as teaching in Junior High Schools and we are very happy to have them on board for this project.
Obogu is a small community within the Ashanti headed by Chief Nana Oduro Apenteng Darkwa lll. His commitment to improve the level of education in his community has also initiated the active support of the traditional council in this I.T project. The project involves;
- Creating two I.T laboratories for educational purposes for schools partnering this project as well the inhabitants of the community after school hours.
- Execution of a training program to equip teachers of all 15 high schools in the area to use computers to train students.
- Introducing the use of smartboards and educational software to schools and training teachers on how to use them for classes in their subjects especially Mathematics, Science and English.
- Supervision and a maintenance program to keep all equipment in a good shape.
As always, we would be thrilled to meet with you personally and tell you more!
- Stanley Kwakye Dankyira, Benedicta Ababio-Nkansah and Diana van der Stelt